Autumn 2023/2024 Semester Courses
Click on the course you are interested in to see the course description, schedule, and other information in the Study Information System. The timetable button is located in SIS under the course name and is called "Events".
Autumn semester courses start in the first or second week of September, and Spring semester courses start in the second week of February (see the academic calendar). They last for a total of 15-16 weeks. Registration for courses in the Study Information System is open from 16 May to 15 December and remains open until the beginning of the semester. During that period, we upload the course information to our website, and applications from continuing education students are also welcome.
In addition, we offer:
- Academic Estonian Language Partner course welcomes all foreign employees interested in Estonian communication practice and their Estonian speaking colleagues who want to support them.
- KeeleKohting (Language Dating) provides an opportunity to practice Estonian with native speakers. Language Dates take place on the last Wednesday of each month at Lossi 3 lobby.
- Train your Estonian pronunciation independently using the SayEst mobile application developed by linguists at the University of Tartu's Institute of Estonian and General Linguistics.
- Estonian Language Summer Courses in collaboration with the Swedish Estonian Association.
If you have a deeper interest in Estonian language and culture:
- Would you like to improve your Estonian language skills to navigate the Estonian language and culture more confidently and support your studies in your main field? If you are studying another subject for your Bachelor's degree and Estonian is not your mother tongue, then you are more than welcome to choose Estonian as a Foreign Language as your minor.